Monday, December 5, 2011

Dustin's December 5 Letter


2011 December 5
Dear Mom,
My week went well. I got to know Elder Harris (my district leader) better this week. He graduated 2009 and lives in Montana. So, he we have a lot in common cause the way of life there is very similar to ours. Seeing as we are in the great North West. He studying in BYU-I and was there when I visited two years ago (wow, that seems like a long time ago). This week there isn`t a whole lot of new stuff but next week should be better.
So for the story. I left the room with my keys and a little money, when this impression came to me that I should tuck it in my waistband rather than carry it in my hand or pocket. Just so happens that a drunk guy thinks it`d be a good idea to rob me, but seeing as I apparently had nothing he just left all mad. I know it was the spirit that protected me (it`s more like he protected me from a bad situation more than harm. I would have dropped that drunk little guy before he knew what happened, but seeing as I am a missionary (and disciple of Jesus Christ) I can`t be doing stuff like that). And several times throughout that week I received the impression to avoid some streets, so you guys don`t have to worry about me, cause the Lord is taking pretty good care of me.
I love the Gospel and the Families. I love how Christmas brings the families together in this wonderful season but it is even greater how the Gospel brings families together forever. I love you all and know that one day we will be united again with our Heavenly Family and our own families. May God speed the right!
Love,
Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment