Monday, November 22, 2010

Dustin's November 22nd Letters

2010 November 22




Sounds like everything is going wonderfully back home. That is good to hear. I will keep Nicole in my prayers and her entire family. I love getting emails and dearelders from everyone!!! Say thanks to Aunt Lyn for the dearelder :) also, if you are sending a package and haven’t sent it yet, it would be nice if you could send church music on a usb stick, and my medallion of the whole armor of God. Also, could you ask Jordan if he got my letter from last month? I love you and I am doing great. I will write more info about the mission in the reply to Dad. I love being a missionary and you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that William is going on a mission!!! It will change his life more than anyone can imagine. Enjoy the snow for me and I will enjoy the awesome thunder and lightning storms of the Jungle and the unpredictable rain :) I love it. I love the whole family and the great examples you have set for me. Love you mom



Love,



Elder Dustin Divis

2010 November 22



Dear Dad,



Thanks for the weather update. People here really have no idea how the weather is there so it is good to know what it is like right now and in Celsius. I love the snow but I love it here too. In Lima it is way colder than here. The leaders had a training in Lima this week and they all came back and said it is way hotter here! and my companion is a DL so I was with a member for 4 days this week. He is only 18 years old and preparing for the mission, so it was like I was a trainer for a week. I really enjoyed it and learned a ton. It was cool when Elder Parizaca returned and I told him all that happened and I realized that we did some really good work. I wouldn`t have realized the significance if I didn`t have to tell him everything we did. It was great. I finally experienced the rain of the jungle when one moment it is ridiculously hot and the next it is pouring rain and then hot and sunny again 5 minutes later. Loved it! I also love thunderstorms and almost every time it rains it is a thunderstorm :) The leaders here received the new manuals too and from what I’ve seen and heard they are great! The best way of finding new people is referrals (which every missionary knows) but in the street we usually ask for directions or if we can help them with what they are working on, then we teach a principle really quick and make an appointment and or invite them to the church. We also contact all the mototaxis that we take throughout the day. We spend a lot of time outside walking and contacting and many of the lessons are outside too. Lately one of us picks a principle and then points someone out in the street to contact and the other contacts them using that principle and then it is the other person’s turn. It works out pretty well. The key to finding the most people is asking references(referrals) from everyone! Even the people we contact, we ask if they know someone who would be interested. Christmas here, from what I`ve heard is pretty normal. I don`t think they decorate a tree but they have presents and eat a lot. They eat a ton of Panetone on Christmas. I guess we`ll see how it goes :) The dominating religion is either evangelico or catolico. I think that’s evangelic or something like that and of course Catholic. It isn`t hard to marry people. They just need documents like a birth certificate and some health stuff and 40 soles. The hard part is finding people who want to get married, they just live together but don`t want a commitment. Like living with someone and having kids isn`t a commitment. We do our best. Sound like you are making some good progress and I loved the pictures!!! Thanks for all the advice you give and for all you have taught me. Keep being the best parents in the world and I will put my best efforts in the Lord`s work. I love you Dad and can`t wait to hear from you next week.



Love,



Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment