Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dustin's November 8th Letter

November 8, 2010


The address of Elder Johnson is correct. You should have it on the letters that I sent home for Will and Trissa and Jordan though. Also, I wrote a letter to Dillon and sent it to Carly but if he sent another that wasn’t dearelder then I haven’t received it. Sounds like you’re keeping busy though. Have fun with all the family affairs and say hi do everyone. The Jungle is awesome! I love it here. It is ridiculously hot and it is only going to get hotter. Summer is just starting and sweat everyday all day long and I love it. You`ll also be glad to hear that I am using my sunscreen and bug spray here :) My companion and I are over two different wards, Saenz Peña and Pucallpa, They are both great. We have baptisms scheduled for the next 3 weeks and we I got here on Tuesday we didn`t have any. I know I am going to have tons of success here. Also my Spanish is coming along faster especially with a latino companion. We tell people that I am from Argentina and they believe us Haha ha. When we tell them the truth they ask how I am so good at Spanish. One hermana asked how many months I had in the mission and she said that judging by my Spanish 14 months or more!!! Woo Hoo! I was excited to here that but I still feel I have a ton to learn. The charapa es bien loco but I want to learn it better. It is not just a different accent but they have a bunch of different words to and say `di` like the Canadians use `eh` and other stuff to.

This is what I wrote last week, more or less. For my plaque there are 3 scriptures that I really like. 2 Nephi 31:19-20, Moses 6:60, and Ephesians 6:10-13. They are all great and I will send a picture via letter soon so you can have one for the plaque too. And my question: is the plaque for Colville or Spokane or both? Cause they both asked for picture and scripture to do one. It would be cool to have one for both and then I could have 2 different scriptures and pictures.

For Christmas (since I am in the jungle and it is hard to find things to buy) I would like to have a package even though I know dad would prefer money. Everyone here says that they have received all of their packages fine but send electronics or anything worth more than 100 or so dollars. If you send I package I would love a bag of Homemade cookies (the one with oatmeal and everything, Jordan knows which one if you have a question) a fresh pair of garments, and socks and a new short sleeve shirt. Also you can ask James and Jordan what their ideas are. There isn`t peanut butter or BBQ sauce so that would be nice too and some American candy! But anything is great. ¡love being a missionary! The gospel is the best thing that anyone could ever devote their life to and I am loving every second of it. I really can`t explain how great it is to be a missionary of the Lord. I love you all so much and the time continues to fly by. I am in the jungle! In El Perù. I will tell you more about this district and zone next week. Please answer the questions :) Love you so much

Love,

Elder Dustin Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment