Monday, February 21, 2011

Dustin's February 21st Letter

2011 Feb 21

Mom,
Thanks for the spiritual thought. I appreciated the quote from Elder Wirthlin and how mine could be compared to one of that great leader and servant of God. Personally, I think that Elder Wirthlin said it with a little bit more elegance and power though :) My week has gone great.
I am sure it was a great experience for all to see William go through the temple. I am sure he loved it more than anything or anyone. Also, I am sure you are pretty busy with Gavin and James Micheal but I bet that you are enjoying it as always :) and I am sure Trissa is having fun in Mexico. I`ll go with her when I get back ( you know, now that I speak Spanish and all I could be of help :) Yes I get dearelders but not every week. Because I am in the jungle I get them about once a month.
Love you mom and wish you the best in all your endeavors.
Love,
Elder Divis

I have included Laura's letter for you to enjoy.

Laura Brink,
I am doing well, actually I am doing perfectly! I love the mission and having the opportunity and responsibility to serve others everyday and most of to serve the Lord in all that I do. It is a wonderful spirit to have with me always and I always pray that this same spirit of God can be spread to all those around me and rained down upon my family where ever they might be. I think it is good that you are back in Utah cause your closer to Craig`s family and even though its further away from Mom and Dad I`m pretty sure it’s just as easy if not easier for them to visit you :) you know with how they love flying. Thanks for your offer to stay with you while I study or for whatever other reason I might live in Utah. I think, based your willingness, you haven’t talked with Audra about this, because I am sure she would advise you otherwise Haha ha. But I`m really not that bad ;) That is great to hear that you get to be there and a part of when Will goes to the MTC and enters into the biggest decision he has made in his life. Be sure to write him and keep him in your prayers, he`ll need them and appreciate them. The idea of a scrap book sound awesome, but I`ll have to be sure to send you some pictures of my mission too so they can be included. I think the calling you have could be one of the most important that there is. Being a teacher is truly a sacred calling and responsibility, especially with that age group. You know how it is in that stage of life, just starting ``high school``, it is the frontlines of the war between Satan and Jesus. Encourage your students to continue faithful and to bring the less actives back to the truth and their friends who aren`t member to the ranks of the Lord. I know you are great teacher cause you`ve taught me so much. You might ask how, and I tell you that the example that you set teaches those around you with more power than you could imagine. Share experiences with them and stories of your life and you will impact their lives. And you are absolutely right that when we teach by the spirit it is always good. You`re the best. Love you and the great example you have set for me and all that you teach me. You are a perfect example of ``enduring to the end`` say hi to Craig and Kendra. Love you all.
Your brother,
Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment