Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dustin's February 7th Letter

2011 February 7
Dear Mom,
That is awesome that Sadie could get blessed and is surrounded by so many good people who love and want the best for her. We truly are blessed to have the Gospel in our lives and in our family. It give my so much joy to hear that Will got to be part of that special day and that he is going to the Holy Temple. It would have been nice to be there but I am where I am supposed to be I know that this is where they Lord wants me to be. Glad to hear that you are better and say hi to everyone there at home and tell James to say hi to Russ and Emily for me.
Love,
Elder Divis

Dear Mom,
I had another wonderful week! The majority of our key indicators went up this week and I am continually learning from the Spirit how to be a better teacher of the Gospel. This week my companion and I established a Mission Plan in our ward. The Bishop is super excited and I know the Lord will bless this ward abundantly if they follow the simple plans the living prophets have taught them. We also had a training session with the ward leaders on how to talk with people about the restored Gospel and how to have effective home teaching visits. The people here are willing to learn and we as missionaries just need to support them and encourage them always. Also, at the beginning of this week we didn`t have any baptismal dates but now we have 2 for the 12th of this month and a family that is going to get married the 25th and baptized the 26th of this month. It was great to see them progress and watch the Spirit work in them. We were teaching one of them Saturday evening and she said she knows the Book of Mormon is true but didn`t want to change religions, didn`t accept baptism at all. Sunday she came to church again for fast and testimony meeting and I`m pretty sure the entire youth program bore their testimony, then we had our Gospel Principles class and at the end she said, `I have something to tell you guys, and your not going to like it.... I am getting baptized the 12th with my sister. Crazy! It made our day :) I just remember the lesson the night before wasn`t going well and at the end I asked her if she remembered how she felt when she prayed about the Book of Mormon, she said yes. So, I told her, `Nunca olvidelo, nunca olvide como se sentiò` never forget it, never forget how you felt. I could see the Spirit testify to her again that it was true and she said `I won`t` ,and we left. Elder Cuellar and I have a lot we can improve but we are learning tons. Sorry to hear that you weren`t feeling well this week :/ but if it makes you feel any better I didn`t take a shower yesterday cause there wasn`t any electricity or water, haha ha, don`t know why that would make you feel better but I tried :) I am praying and fasting for you always.
The rain has kinda started but it will get worse with a little more time.
Also, in Feb. they have this tradition called Carnival and throughout the month of February it is like a giant water fight with everyone that is in the streets. Which means that if you are walking in the streets (which we do quite a bit as missionaries), you are free game to throw water balloons at. I still haven`t gotten wet yet but we still have 20 some odd days left. Wish me luck. I am grateful for you love and support.
Love,
Elder Divis
P.S. The power went out in the whole city while I was writing so we had to come back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment