Monday, April 18, 2011

Dustin's April 18th Letter

2011 April 18


Dear Mom,

Thanks for the birthday wishes! In two days I won`t be a teenager, crazy eh? My week has been great!!! We had a baptism this week! Woo hoo! His name is Roel Rebeiro. He is awesome and already is a strong member. This week was kinda crazy with him. He works from 7am to 8 or 9pm so we woke up at 5 to be able to get to his house and teach him before he went to work but it all paid off in the end :) A lot has happened this week but it was a great week. I don`t if I already told you but I have a bike. We are the only area in the mission, and I think PerĂ¹ that has bikes but we are testing to see if the rest of the zone can get them. I`ll have to take a picture :) Crazy to hear that there is still snow falling there!!! Here it is getting hotter and hotter, Summer is almost here :/ don`t know if I am ready for that quite yet.

To answer your questions: I will send another pic, SOON! My sheets now are a tan color but it really doesn`t matter what color you send. And now for a little bit more news. I don`t know how to tell you but tomorrow there are transfers and I have been here in Pucallpa for 6 months now, so I am getting transferred. I am not leaving the good old amazon rain forest, but I am going a little bit further in. I am going to Iquitos (E-key-toes)!!! It’s situated right at the head of the Amazon River and they say it is an island cause there are 4 rives that surround it so it is enclosed with water. It is an island in the middle of the jungle. SWEET! It is kinda hard to leave an area after being here for a fourth of my mission but the Lord need me somewhere else. I will let you know what it is like next week. Love you mom and I am grateful to have such a wonderful mother :)

Love,

Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment