Monday, May 9, 2011

Dustin's May 9th Letter

2011 May 9
Dear Mom,
It was great to talk to you too!!! I really enjoyed talking to the whole family, I felt like I was right there with you guys. I have to say sorry to Mariah because the phone cut off when I had 1 hour, but that life, Di? I love being on the mission and serving in Iquitos, Peru!!! I will always work my hardest here and never give up on anyone, anything, or for any reason. This week was great! We had 31 lessons and the investigators are reading the Book of Mormon and are praying, it`s just that they didn`t make it to church for one reason or another. Which kinda made me a little sad but I just have to work harder and help these people come unto Christ and find new people who are searching for the truth. And yes, I still have to sleep with a mosquito net cause dangue is common in the winter time here. Our ward gave the mothers little flowers made of this foam stuff that looked pretty cool in a miniature vase thing. It is always great to hear about and from the family and sorry if this letter is a little short but I can`t think of much else to say cause we talked just yesterday. I enjoy being able to talk to you and know that I love all of you. It is always cool to talk in Spanish with James but I fear I bore the others listening cause they can`t understand :/ woops. I truly do love you and I hope that you enjoy the pictures that I sent.
Love,
Elder Divis

 A family in Pucallpa the day before I left. At the far right
is a member that got baptised 3 years ago and always help us out. He
is an awesome guy and will be a great missionary in a few short
months. I gave him my soccer shoes when I left and he is like a little
brother



 My companion Elder Zuniga in our pensionist (were we eat)

The sunrise from our apartment window here in Iquitos

No comments:

Post a Comment