Monday, May 30, 2011

Dustin's May 30th Letter


2011 May 30


Mom,

My week was pretty good. A little short seeing as I wrote you 4 or 5 days ago, but really good. It is incredible how the time flies yet so many things can happen. On Saturday we had a baptism!!! Our first (of many) here in Iquitos. I baptized Jean Carlos Tecco Celis, a young man of 18 years who in one short year will be a great missionary. Yesterday his brother Raul confirmed him and he will receive the priesthood in 2 weeks (cause this week are the presidential elections in PerĂº, so no church :( but he is a great convert to the church. We couldn`t quite complete all of our goals this week (I could come up with a ton of excuses but that never does us any good) but we had success and will have more this week :) I`ll be sure to send pictures of the baptism. It is weird to think that you guys are entering summertime (finally) cause we are too, it gets hotter and hotter every day and it is starting to rain less, but it still rains quite often, I mean we`re in the RAIN forest, what else can you expect. I love being a missionary and I love being in Peru and I love MY FAMILY!!! I always loved those weekends when we could all get together and enjoy time together doing seemingly meaningless things like eating more than necessary, talking about sometimes nothing and playing video games, but all these little things is how our family is so strong and how we overcome every little and big thing that gets in our way. It is great to know how well the family is doing and that the only changes that have happened are for the best. In no time I will be able to join in again and fulfill my role as son and brother doing the things that matter most, but that seem to the world like they don`t matter at all. You are the greatest and never give up the small things to things that seem bigger and greater and of more importance. ¨by small and simple things, great things are brought to pass¨ (I think it is something like that in English) I love you and can only attempt to put in words the feeling I have for my family.

Love,

Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment