Monday, May 2, 2011

Dustin's May 2nd Letter

2011 May 2

Dear Mom,
My week was great! as always, just with a few disappointments. But your week sounded like your keeping busy and having fun. I can`t wait to see Trissa and Laura`s new houses, from the sound of it they are both doing well and I am happy to hear that! I love having a great big family that loves and supports me. It makes me super happy to hear about Charlotte Jean!! I am really excited for them. And you also said you went to a duck pond and it sounded like it belongs to Laura and Craig, or did I misinterpret that part? Who knows? And one more thing: It`s still snowing there?!?!?! That is crazy. I am pretty sure that here it doesn`t get below 75 degrees, even when it’s raining and people say they are cold. I think I am accustomed to this weather though :/ cause when we go to a church that has air conditioning and it is set to 24 degrees Celsius, I feel cold! What temperature is 24 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit?
To answer your questions about if we have cell-phones: that would be a big NO. haha ha. the zone leaders have one but that`s it. My week went good. We taught 28 lessons and we found a bunch of new people to teach and a few that want to get baptized. And the week was going perfectly but on Sunday,.... Nobody came to church; well some people came but not our investigators. I still have hope for them I just have to improve my teaching skill so that they understand the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy and going to church. The ward is great!!! there are 22 return missionaries in the ward and 7 that are at the age to go on the mission (only 2 are active, but that`s why we`re here to support them) I don`t know if I told you in the last e-mail but we don`t have a bishop but we have a ton of support from the ward and we will have a bishop soon :) I love this ward, and Iquitos, and Peru!!! But most of all I love being immersed in the Lord`s work.
I love you mom and hope that all goes well. I still have not heard anything about our mother`s day call but I am sure you`ll receive a pre-call from me sometime this week. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!! and happy birthday to Jordan :) Hope all goes well at home. I am doing great.
Say hey to everyone for me.
Love,
Elder Divis

P.S. I saw the Amazon River, and I have been living in the amazon rain forest for over 6 months. No big deal :) haha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment