Monday, July 11, 2011

Dustin's July 11th Letter


2011 July 11
Dear Mom,
Thanks for the E-mail! My week went pretty well. Dad seems to be doing well with his work. How`s he liking the traveling and all that? Hope you`re all having as good of a time as I am.
Tomorrow are transfers! And I am staying here in Iquitos, Woo hoo!! Elder Zùniga and I are staying here together. 3 transfers together. This week we had 2 baptisms and the ward also baptized two 8 year old kids. They all got baptized in the same service and the room was overflowing with people (literally, everyone didn`t fit in the room) but it was a great experience. I baptized Idelmaro Rojas Rios (21 years old) and he wants to serve a mission!!!, and Williams de la Cruz, baptized his nephew (12 years old) and he got the priesthood yesterday. We`re also working more and more with the members. We had 30 lesson with members present! and we have two baptismal dates for the 23 of July. Silfo Pizango and Patricia Barrantes. I love doing missionary work. It makes me unremarkable happy to see the converts preparing and passing the sacrament, receiving calling in the ward and even receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood and filling out mission papers already :) I have a lot of work to do and I know the Lord will lead and guide throughout my life to bring many to Him. I love you mom and can’t say how grateful I am for all you do. Say hi to the family and the ward.
Love,
Elder Divis

Cesar, Elder Zuniga, and Idelmaro 



(from left to right) Raul; Ward Mission Leader, Brayan,
                                            Williams, Bishop Braga, me, and Idelmaro

No comments:

Post a Comment