Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dustin's July 18th Letter

2011 July 18th
Dear Mom,
One year as a full-time missionary... seems like so long ago but at the same time like yesterday. But I still won`t consider it one year until next week cause the little certificate they gave me in the MTC says I don`t end the mission until the 25 of July (but its close enough) Everything is going good down here in good old Iquitos. We didn`t have any baptisms this week but the next two week we`ll have a few. Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting and taught the Gospel Principles class and we sung a special musical number (I sang so you know it wasn`t too good:) it went well. I got your package on Wednesday! Thanks for all the goodies, sheets, peanut butter, BBQ sauce, and most of all the letter from William :) I am enjoying it all (my companion too:) This week we struggled to find new investigators and didn`t find many but we still had a successful week otherwise. Hope you had fun at girls’ camp. Tell the family that I love them and say hi to everyone. The weather here is pretty much how it is there at home it gets pretty hot for a couple days then a little thunderstorm or two and hot again. We are just entering in summer here, so it will rain less and the sun will burn more. Wish me luck (but don`t worry cause I have tons of sunscreen :) I love you Mom and can`t wait to hear back from you.
Love,
Elder Divis (Dustin)

We did a service cutting down ``weeds`` with machetes’

No comments:

Post a Comment