Monday, May 14, 2012

Dustin's May 14 Letter


2012 May 14
Hey,
It was great to be able to talk to the family yesterday. You all confirmed my fears that I can`t speak English, or at least that I have a Spanish accent when I talk. I hope it doesn`t stick for too long but I will definitely keep practicing and learning Spanish for the rest of my life.
We only got to talk 35 min. because the first card only lasted for 15 min. We`ll make up those five minutes later. I love hearing William talk about his mission! It makes me so proud to know that he is serving the Lord :) Trissa sounds like all is going well and that she`s excited to go to Hawaii (everyone is!) From the pics that I`ve seen Gavin is getting pretty big and it will be great to spend time with Trissa, John and Gavin. Laura and family are doing great and I hope the best for them. Thanks Jordan for your patience with me. I`m sure you`ll have fun making fun of me while I still cannot speak well. I deserve it. I never got to say happy mother`s day to Riah or Audra so... HAPPY MOTHER`S DAY!!!! ... yesterday. James, I enjoyed talking in Spanish with you. We`ll probably have to talk a lot afterwards especially in crowded places so less people will understand us. I am sure if we spoke with a lot of slang from Venezuela and Peru nobody would understand even if they spoke Spanish.
I know Dad wanted most of the time for you Mom and I hope you got the time you needed and that you enjoyed the short phone call. I am truly grateful for all your support, love, and prayers! As I stated in my talk yesterday if it wasn`t for you I probably wouldn`t be here where I am today. Thanks Mom!!! To make up for the time you couldn't talk on Sunday I will spend extra time with you when we see each other again. That`s a promise.
This week for me went well. There were a lot of challenges but in the end two couples got married thanks to the many miracles. Money, rings, transportation, desire, and faith where all granted in the right places at the right time. Next month with a few more miracles they will be baptized as families and be able to enter into the Kingdom of God. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!!!! We also will have a baptism this Sunday, Evy Espinosa. She was so happy to hear the gospel. Her father abandoned her as child and a year later her mother passed away. She is now living with her aunt and cousin, who are members of the Church. This week will be full. We have a zone conference with pres. the baptism, another activity, a service project, and many people to find and teach.
Thanks for everything and thanks to everyone. I love you all and I`m praying for you.
Love,
Elder Dustin Divis

My companion the newly wedds and I

No comments:

Post a Comment