Monday, January 31, 2011

Dustin's January 31st Letter

2011 January 31
Dear Mom,
My week was wonderful! I love being here on the mission and I have truly learned to love Perù and Pucallpa and THE PEOPLE! It is a wonderful thing to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord.
It is always great to hear how much the family is growing and progressing so fast! I don`t doubt that the Lord is blessing my family so much for the obedience you all have to His laws and Ordinances. I know that God lives and knows each of us so well, and that through his mercy we are blessed so much. My heart and mind have been opened up so much in the service of my fellow beings and my Lord and Redeemer. I want all of you to know that with the divine help of our Heavenly Father we can overcome all things and accomplish all that is asked of us. All of this is possible through the Great Plan that God has created for us, which centers in the great and infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. He lives and loves us. His prophets lead and guide us in these last days and we are the saints to prepare the Earth for His coming. This I know.
Mom, you always bring a smile to my face. It is great to read you thought feeling and commentaries of your life. It makes me feel like I am actually there with you for a bit.
This area is awesome, we are forming a Mission Plan for this word and the Bishop asked us to give a training to the ward leader and member and how they can help their ward be strengthened. Also, one event that made super happy this week, was when we went to visit a family that isn`t married. The wife is a member and didn`t want to get married and the husband is an investigator and wants to get married and baptized. We have been working with them little by little the last 2 months and they have had a dramatic change that has taken place little by little. They both now want to get married and are praying together as a family and attending church. They will get married the 25th of Feb. and then the husband will get baptized the next day and confirmed on Sunday. I love missionary work!
Now about the pictures.... there are coming along :/ but I wouldn`t expect them until the end of this month. Sorry, and I will send two different pictures to use and those two scriptures are my favorites.
I love you and wish you the best of wishes and luck. (Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity :) have a great week and keep up the good work.
love,
Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment