Monday, March 7, 2011

Dustin's March 7th Letter

2011 March 7
Dear Mom,
Thanks for the quotes, they are inspiring words that I will apply in life as a missionary, they’re great.
I am doing as good as ever. Tomorrow we have transfers! And guess what... I am staying here in Pucallpa!!! woo hoo. And I am also getting another new companion, his name is Elder Jaicot (not sure of the spelling yet) my first Peruvian companion in the mission field. He is from a city called Ica here in Peru. Saturday I baptized Kevin Anthony Muñoz Moreno and he was confirmed by my companion Elder Cuellar yesterday. He is 17 years old and he will make a great missionary in 2 years. I am super excited to be here in Peru and here in Pucallpa at least until my birthday. This ward is progressing and I have to help them more. They now have home and visiting teaching, ward mission leader, ward mission plan, an Elder`s quorum Pres. and secretary to the bishopric. They didn`t have any of these thing before. We just lack a little more organization and this ward will be the best in the stake.
As for what I want for my birthday ... :) Nothing big, I ran out of peanut butter, and candy from home is always a blessing. I really like Jr. mints and York peppermint patties and... well you know what I like. But other than treats for the satisfaction of my tongue and belly I don`t need anything else. I did want to ask if there is money on my debit card because I would like to get a few things from here in Pucallpa. I love being a missionary and am grateful for all the blessing that have been rained down on me. I am also grateful for a family that lives the Gospel which brings us all closer to Jesus Christ and like Dad said, the salvation is personal but the exaltation is a group effort, so true. Love you all and I know that God lives and loves each one of us. Take care and remember who you are (a child of God)
Love,
Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment