Monday, June 27, 2011

Dustin's June 27 th Letter with pictures

Dear Mom,
Sounds like everyone missed you there at home and they are all glad to have you back. First off, my week was great! We had a ton of lessons with members and we were able to go on splits twice this week. We also found a bunch of new investigators to teach and the ward is progressing and adapting to the new bishop. We also had a baptism this week, woo hoo!!! Barbara Zindela Perez Fasabi was baptized by one Elder Divis on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday by Bishop Braga. Now we finally won the trust of the parents and her mom even came to church and stayed for all three hours and loved it and her dad was sad he couldn´t come due to his work. But the Lord is going to work miracles in their home through us. Here in this area we don`t use bikes, well actually the only area in the entire mission (I think in all of Peru) is the area I was in, in Pucallpa. And the water level has gone down about 2 and a half meters so it’s not much of a problem anymore. It seems crazy that Cameron is home and that you guys get to see him this week! I`m kinda jealous. Say hi to him for me and let him know that he`s the greatest :) And scout camp is coming up, I can only imagine that it is starting to get a little bit warmer there in good old Washington then. I always liked scout camp, or more of just the camping and playing part, but it was all good. I have the desire to explore the jungle but missionary work seems to keep me kinda busy :) It is great to hear about Trissa, Della, Mariah, and well the whole family. I miss you all but I will never get ´´trunky´´ or let it affect my mission negatively, but I will use your support and love to be able to become a better servant of God. I love you and am grateful for your constant love, support, and example that you offer me.
Love,
Elder Divis


Barbara and her family, Mom Dad daughter and niece
Perez family and us

No comments:

Post a Comment