Monday, September 5, 2011

Dustin's September 5th Letter


2011 September 5
Dear Mom,
My week was great! It is good to back in Lima in the same ward. Almost all of the members actually remember (well the active ones) which was kind of a surprise to me. I also had a work visit on Friday, I went to the other half of the ward with Elder Harding (born in Oregon, raised in California, and recently moved to Utah) We had a good time and a successful day. It was nice. Tell Whitley I say hi and Tyson too (when he gets home:) I would love pictures of the great room when it’s finished. Thanks for the quote it is something that I really understand from personal experiences, both physical and spiritual. And I no longer have to sleep under a net and the people here are a little bit more closed but still super friendly. In the jungle if we knocked on the door they let us inside before we could say anything and here they let you in if they are actually interested. Makes it easier to tell who will progress and who won’t but harder to find new people. It`s a give and talk sort of deal :) I only had one baptism here and it was my first week. She no longer lives in the same house but a member said he knows where she is living and that she doesn`t go to church that often, but we hope to find her tonight. We have two investigators with baptismal dates and quite a few families that we are teaching. Our goal in the mission is that every companionship has 8 families (dad, mom, and children) in our teaching pool. The importance of families is so vital. I love you and thank you for the wonderful family that I have and the blessing that you have made possible for me. Good luck in seminary.
Love,
Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment