Monday, March 26, 2012

Dustin's March 26 Letter


2012 March 26
Dear Mom,
My week was very busy. My companion and I got to our new area together on Tuesday. We are now serving in the Tahuantinsuyo stake, in Deseret ward. It`s the stake that covers the mission offices. We both got transferred from San Juan de Lurigancho to Independecia the same day and we are now getting comfortable in our new room, pention (food lady) and ward and responsibilities. The assistants are in this same ward but they are always traveling to the jungle and other parts of the mission doing what they do and they don`t have hardly anytime in their area. Now it’s worse because there is a new assistant and he isn`t use to so much tasks to do in one day. So we will be working here full-time and when the assistants have time they will do splits with us. I am looking forward to learning a lot here and having tons of success. One of the assistants is a missionary from my group. We came to Lima, Peru side by side in every plane and we roomed together in the CCM. He`s the best! Elder Essig is his name. Our new room is just that ¨new¨. They placed the necessary things (one dresser, two beds and two desks) in the room.... and that`s about it. We had to find chairs, buy a broom, light bulbs, mop, etc. Many other things kept us very busy. The best thing that happened is that we got to know the best bishop ever and his brother is the ward mission leader, and there is a ton of support in this ward. I will most likely finish my mission here and I am sure I will have many great experiences here.
Thanks for the information about you lives and I hope all goes well with work and vacations. Say hi to everyone back home. Thanks for the scripture and all that you do for me. I am also looking forward to general conference. Tonight we`re going to have Family Home Evening with President and Sister Blunck! Should be good.
Love you tons!
Elder Dustin Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment