Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dustin's June 4 Letter


2012 June 4
Dear Mom,
My week went great! The Diaz Lavy family got baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday. The Dad is Cliver, mom Florita, and their three daughters Blanca, Briget, and Celeste. The Diaz Casteñeda family fellowshipped them and have been a great help. Brother Alex Diaz is the elder`s quorum pres. and his wife Nila is one of the Relief Society counselors. The whole family gave their testimonies after being baptized and they all spoke with the tongue of angels (see 2 Nephi 32) The dad gave his testimony that he was in it til the end and that he will never go back into his worldly ways. He used to smoke 5 packs a day and drink every weekend and was not the best dad. He is now fully repented and has received a remission of his sin for the grace of God and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Sunday at church he ask me where he could find the donation envelopes in order to pay his tithing. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!! We are doing all we can so that another family can receive the sacred ordnance of baptism.
My companion will be going home in one week. We have made the goal to do twice as many contacts as usual and have more divisions (Splits) than ever. Cause you`ve gotta go out with a bang! Thanks for all your love and support. I have learned many things here and I know I wouldn´t have been able to do so if it wasn´t for the solid base that I was given as a child and young man. I know God lives and that His son gave his life for you and me and all living creature of the family of Adam. He is our Savior and Redeemer. He is my strength, my life, my light, and my God. May God speed the right!
Love,
Elder Dustin Divis


No comments:

Post a Comment