Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 5th Letter

Aug. 5, 2010


Hi Mom!

Thanks for the letter and the pictures! I still haven't seen Cory yet and will be in Peru in a week!!! Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun. That would've been way cool to see a grizzly bear and go hiking up in Canada. I will send you pictures of me in the jungle though to make it even :) I bet it was super nice to see all the family. Hope you said hi for me. The MTC is still going well. I feel like the language will come and that teaching the gospel and blessing families and the Peruvians with it will be the best thing ever. Learning to teach the simple truths of God and Jesus Christ and teaching it brings the spirit. I love serving the lord! At the devotional last night I heard a great quote. "Don't be a missionary that serves TIME be a missionary that serves the LORD." Which goes along the same lines as "forget yourself and go to work" Because when I serve the lord diligently and with obedient then the time will seem to go by too fast. This letter is rather short but the MTC is generally the same after the first week. I am not sure when I’ll be able to email again because my flight leaves the SLC airport at 9:45AM next Wednesday and I am departing the MTC at 6. I have a short layover in Georgia around noon I think and then it’s none stop to Lima Peru. I will arrive in Lima at 10:50PM next Wednesday. I think that the Language is going well enough. I want to be fluent right now! But that’s not going to happen. It's coming quickly though. Cameron has written me and the last few were in Espanol and I could understand most of it. I pray in Spanish all day everyday and we've started teaching in Spanish a bit. We taught about prophets, pray and the Book of Mormon. I love all of you and encourage you to share the gospel with those you meet. What we have is awesome and everyone needs it and deep down they want it. Jesus Christ is our savior and we have the fullness of His gospel on the earth now. I love all of you! Let everyone know that I am doing well and that they don't have to worry about me. I can tell you with a surety that this will be the hardest thing I've ever done (maybe not physically but definitely mentally and spiritually) but that I will Love every moment of it. "Come what may, and LOVE IT!" Some days I feel exhausted mentally but there is nothing in this world that can stop me. The Lord is on my side and all things are possible if we have faith in Him. "Fear makes mountains out of molehills. Faith makes molehills out of mountains." I love you and I will call you next Wednesday when I am at the Airport.



Con amor,

Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment