Tuesday, August 10, 2010

July 28th Letter

July 28, 2010


That’s awesome!!!(Logan’s mission call) I’m so excited for him. He will have the greatest time. I just wrote how I was honored to serve the Lord and how it was something really important to me. Everything is going great! Did you get my letter? My district is down to 10 elders now :( one went home yesterday before dinner. He decided he needed to work things out at home and come back later. One elder never showed up on Wednesday so we don't have 12 like the other districts. The Elders left in my district are awesome! My room-mates and my companion are the best I could have asked for! We all know how to have fun but also know when to be serious. My teachers are the greatest too! I feel everything has worked out perfectly so far. I love you!! My comp. is Elder Guthrie, he is from Pocatello ID and just graduated from high school in June. He is very knowledgeable in the gospel and is a hard worker. Our companionship we room with are Elders Skinner and Townsend. I love it here. The last 2 days my comp and i decided that we wouldn't speak any English outside of class and the room. It was soooo hard! But we got around fine and learned a lot. I've learned more Spanish this last week than i did in 2 years at high school. I've only received 1 letter so far! But I’m ok with that. I miss you! :) but I am not homesick if that makes sense. So many elders are sooo homesick it’s ridiculous. The devotionals are awesome the entire MTC experience is great!

 Also can you send those shoes that I left there? I love the ecco shoes I have!1! They are the best. I only have 30 min every Wednesday to e-mail and then it will kick me off. Let everyone know that I am doing great.  So many awesome things have happened here. The spirit gets stronger every day. I cannot tell you in words how excited I am that Logan is serving a mission in Denver!!!! Say Hi to everyone and that I love them All soo much. Hermano Cragun (one of my teachers) is the coolest guy ever. He has taught me so much in just a few short days. Dad was right, the MTC is just like Prison but I love it :) I will Email you every Thursday at around 8 or 9. I'm a little late today because the network was not working well. P-days are weird because I feel like I need to be learning the language or study PMG all the time, but I know that the break will help me get through the next week. I leave here on August 11th and I am getting my last shot a week before I leave. I've been writing in my journal but I do not know how good the entries are. I want to know more about you and how the family is doing! Tell them to let me know what up. I am rushed but I don't know what to say. So many things have happened and they are all good. I love the Lord and all he did and does for us. He truly loves everyone! I am excited to learn Spanish and get to Peru. I know it will be the best experience of my life so far. Let me know what you want to know. The food isn't the best but i get enough to eat. I truly love you all so much. I pray for you every single day multiple times. I am doing awesome! Couldn’t be better. Tell Logan that he will love everything about the mission. Bye! I love you Mom



Con Amor,

Elder Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment