Monday, November 7, 2011

Dustin's November 7th Letter


2011 November 7th
Dear Mom,
 My week went well. I have been even more exhausted the last few days but that is a good thing right. One of the families we are teaching finally came to church yesterday and it helped them a ton. They are very excited to get married and baptized, hope all goes well for them. Last week the dad of the family got assaulted. His head got beat up pretty bad and they took his wallet. He didn`t have any money so that was good and they didn`t take his cell or anything else just the empty wallet. The good thing is that because of this he is now even more determined to go to church and endure to the end. It is a great family. We are also teaching other families that are progressing slowly but surely and we are continually searching and finding more amazing families. My goal is to get to the point where we are only teaching families, like this we will only baptize families, and the kingdom of God will be edified. Like the prophets have taught, when we live the Gospel principles in our home we are preparing for and living eternal and heavenly laws. Like this, we create a little piece of heaven in our homes. Without the family we cannot prepare ourselves sufficiently for exaltation or enter into this highest level of living. I am not satisfied with just baptizing people, but with baptizing families that together can learn, grow, and prepare themselves for eternal life. I encourage all to appreciate, protect, love, and strengthen the family. It is fundamental in the Great Plan of Happiness. I love my family. We are not strangers but members of the family of God (see Ephesians 2:19). The family is the most important social unit in this life and in the eternities. If you look in the organization of the church in True to the Faith, first we find the God head, then the First Presidency, then the FAMILY, then the 12 Apostles. As we missionaries we must always strive to find, teach, baptize, and confirm families. Thanks family for making me who I am and helping me achieve my potential!
Thanks for the good news and I wish you the best in work, seminary, and health. Say hi to the family, friend and ward for me :) I truly love you mom!
Elder Divis
 P.S. Did you send me those pictures that I mentioned two weeks ago?
Gavin is growing up super-fast! I think he`s already twice the size. It will be great to see all my nieces and nephews

No comments:

Post a Comment