Monday, April 30, 2012

Dustin's April 30 Letter


2012 April 30
Dear Mom,
My week went well. The zoo was fun, time flew by, but what`s new. Thanks for the updates and answers to my questions. I just felt a little curious. Say Hi to everyone. Your life sounds busy right now. Hope that all goes well. Dad mentioned that my emails have been a little short lately. I`ll get better.
Something happened this week that has never happened before in my mission! We had a baptism on Saturday (that has happened a lot) but yesterday she did not get confirmed! It was a great big roller-coaster ride. Her name is Claudelina Reyes, and she`s 79 years old. We ¨tried¨ to heat up the water but it didn`t work out too well. She got baptized after about 15 minutes in the fount. Everything went quite well actually. Sunday we called and she was sleeping so later we passed by her house to go with her to church and nobody answered the door. We knocked and called for about 20 min and decided she wasn`t there. Never showed up to church! Neither did any of the other investigators, I wasn`t feeling so hot at this point.
After church the day started to take an up. (Don`t know if that makes any sense) but we taught some lessons and we taught two amazing families! The Dias Lavy Family and the Ugarte Castro Family (just to let you know, every family in Latin America has two last names. If you already knew that, Great! if not, now you know :) They both shared with us that they have a desire to get married and baptized! And we will visit sister Claudelina today and she will be confirmed next week in stake conference. So by the time we got home I was feeling much better.
I have been doing a lot of divisions lately with the whole zone. I am getting to know all the areas and I know quite well all the missionaries in the zone. Today is transfer day! I´m not leaving (no surprise there). I like this area and can`t wait to keep working there till the end.
I have seen the Gospel of Jesus Christ change countless lives in this short time in Peru. I know that the church is true and that we are so privileged to live a time that God`s priesthood power reigns on earth. I love you and pray for you. I`ll might be doing the pre-call for mother’s day next week :)
Love,
Elder Dustin Divis

No comments:

Post a Comment